cheapregrets

Ben Linus' adventures in Wonderland

I love books. I'll read whatever thing I found close. So books, you have just been warned.
Divergent (Divergent, #1) - Veronica Roth,  Emma Galvin Reseña en español en Tlön, Uqbar, Orbis TertiusThis was my first audiobook and I was really lucky: Emma Galvin was an amazing performer.This book is about a world were people are divided into five factions: Abnegation (the selfless), Erudite (the intelligent), Amity (the peaceful), Candor (the honest) and Dauntless (the brave).When Beatrice Prior and her brother Caleb turn 16 years old, they must choose the faction they will belong to for the rest of their lives. But before the Choosing Ceremony, they must face an Aptitude Test. That's when Beatrice discovers she is Divergent, and in her world, being Divergent is dangerous, because that means that her personality fits in more than one faction and that she can't easily be controlled like the others.The siblings decide to leave their former faction, Abnegation: Beatrice choose Dauntless and her brother, Erudite. The book follows Beatrice (now Tris) in her initiation process in the Dauntless headquarters, where she meets Four, her instructor. And let me warn you: if you read this book, you'll fall in love with him.Astonishing work from Veronica Roth in her debut novel. Character development was deep and world construction was great. Many people say that the division into factions to prevent war is absurd, because this will cause even more problem between them. And that's the point! Erudite started a war, first verbally and then physically, against Abnegation; so their argument is invalid!I'm extremely excited! I want to start the second book right now!Insurgent, here I go!