cheapregrets

Ben Linus' adventures in Wonderland

I love books. I'll read whatever thing I found close. So books, you have just been warned.
Insurgent (Divergent, #2) - Veronica Roth,  Emma Galvin Insurgent starts right where Divergent left the story. Tris, Four, Caleb, Peter and Marcus are travelling to Amity headquarters, where some of the Abnegation members are already settled in. Tris overhears Marcus talking to the Amity leader, Johanna, and he says that the Abnegation's leaders died to protect some information, now in Erudite's hands. Tris later confronts Marcus and demands to know the truth but he refuses to share the information. Soon the Erudite and Dauntless traitors arrive at Amity and during the traitors' search of the compound, Four's tattoos caught a Dauntless' soldier attention, revealing he's not from Amity and a gun fight begins. Four, Tris, Caleb and Susan (Beatrice's old neighbour) manage to escape and go to the factionless zone of the city, where we discover that Tobias' mother is alive! Evelyn tries to convince Four that the Dauntless must join the Factionless to destroy Erudite headquarters, with all their information. But, of course, Tris overhears this conversation and noticies that Evelyn is trying to use Tobias!Tris and Four decide to travel to Candor headquarters, that are later attacked by Eric and many people get shot with a new serum. That's when Tris stabs Eric with a knife and he's taken as a prisoner New Dauntless' leaders are elected, they decide Eric's fate, and return no Dauntless headquarters, where everything started...Okay, now, it's time for my opinions. First of all, I want to show you my favourite quote from this book: When I read that, I nodded over and over again. It's the awful truth. And Tris has to cope with it many times during the novel. Her relationship with Tobias is often questioned and, I warn you, they fight a lot throught the book. We are shown a darker Tobias, proving he's not perfect at all. Traitors become allies and allies (or should I say family?) become traitors. What a shock. From chapter 30 to the end, it was a very intense read, surprising, unexpected.Tris made me go crazy a lot of times, too. Not telling Tobias about Will's death, turning herself to the Erudite, joining Marcus, trying to rescue Jeanine... Yeah, she made me nervous every single chapter. And finally... that ending! It's cruel! Veronica Roth, you're mean! Insurgent doesn't have a climax. It's a climax itself! So, all I have to do now is wait. Wait until October, 22nd. How many days? What!? 206 days or 6 months, 22 days. I'm going to die...