cheapregrets

Ben Linus' adventures in Wonderland

I love books. I'll read whatever thing I found close. So books, you have just been warned.
Scapemaker (Scapemaker #1) - Steve V. Cypert First of all, thanks to Mr. Cypert for giving me a free copy to read.I have to say that I'm not used to read fantasy books, but I liked this one a lot. It was very original! The whole alternate reality is very well constructed, but the alternate reality also interacts with the real world.Scapemaker is about a boy, Matthew Namely, that is forced to discover a dark and magical world in his dreams to prove that his father, that's resting in a "hospital" in the real world (after falling into a coma), is not guilty of murder.I would describe this book as a mixture of Inception, The Chronicles of Narnia, Harry Potter and Fringe (yes, the TV show) If you like any of those things, you'll have a great time reading this book.Though there were some typos, I completely understand that. Cypert is an independent publisher. And I'm not a native english speaker so typos don't bug me at all.This book has everything: Goblins, zombies, time-travel, shape-shifters, etc. It is an exciting ride beyond the borders of the imagination.